Tuesday, June 19, 2007

wake-up call

Who needs an alarm clock? I was awakened this morning by two things:

* The loudmouth "drill sergeant" who runs the local Boot Camp Fitness thing in my neighborhood. She was screaming at her troops as they jogged along my street - at 6 AM.

* A moth, trapped in my bedroom, battering itself against the walls, presumably trying to find its way out.

I can think of about ten other ways in which I'd prefer to wake up, a few of which are unfit to put in this forum. Funny, though, isn't it? A screaming fitness instructor and a little teenytiny moth can have the same effect.

I must admit, however, that I do like getting up rather early. I NEVER thought I would ever say that since I'll sleep 'til dusk when left to my own devices. I think it has to do with our very, very long summer days here in the South.

That and the fact that I've finally come to the realization that I don't bounce back the way I used to, ifyaknowwhatimean....

No comments: