Monday, March 05, 2007

hmmmmmmm

I love weekends.

On Friday night, I had a night out with the boys. Started at Apres Diem for some mediocre, overpriced food with friends. We then drifted to the OSW's house, then to MidCity Cafe to hear a fabulous DJ. Love love love that little place, and hope it doesn't go the way of sooooo many cool places in our fair city, and fall to the streak-haired Buckhead masses...

Saturday was a Quiet Day In, during which I cleaned and watched a lot of television. For the evening's events, I ordered in some amazing Chinese food and watched "The Devil Wears Prada." As difficult as it is to believe, it was the first time I'd seen the film. Seriously. La Streep brought her customary class and skill to bear in that wonderful role, and Miss Hathaway was a delight. I H-A-T-E-D the "mousy boyfriend" subplot. I mean, in EVERY film or TV show, the moment that one half of a couple exhibits a little bit of ambition, the mousy spouse/lover starts whining. Gross. The ambitious young DA has to work late and his wife moans about it. The charming ER doctor gets bitched at every time she gets paged, her boyfriend lying there saying something like,"I wish you cared about us as much as you care about your patients." Gag. There has to be a more interesting dramatic problem to put in these movies. I suppose that if the boyfriend/spouse/lover were supportive that there would be no conflict, but just look at Harrison Ford and Anne Archer's relationship in "Patriot Games" and you'll see how it should be done.

On Sunday, LJ reappeared in my life and we hit Einstein's for a nice-ish brunch with a side of pretension. Nuff said. We shopped afterwards (I need shelves to facilitate my apartment clean up), and then hit Zocolo, for some of their atomic, sneak-up-on-you-and-kick-your-ass margaritas. We met all kinds of crazy kids there, one of whom made me sick, another who made me swoon. I mean, SWOON. Unavailable to me, which is probably why I'm interested. *Sigh*

Today? Lunch with YogaJason, a trip to the Depot and My Whole Foods, and continued cleaning. I want to have a get together on Friday, and there's nothing like entertaining to kick your spring cleaning into gear...

No comments: