Friday, May 02, 2008

hurry up

I probably sound like a broken record to my friends, but I can practically taste the chowdah at the Lobster Pot already. I learned last weekend that my trip to P'town has taken yet another certain step forward (my friends finally closed on the house in which I will reside), and plans come further into focus. My work year wraps up in the next few weeks, and the weather here in Our Fair City greatly resembles that of the Cape. I'm drooling as I write.

As for the week that has passed, well...it's been good. My sister hosted an extraordinary event on Saturday: every year, she and her friends do a "Cook for the Cure" to raise money for breast cancer research. Having attended few of these events before, I girded myself to be MODERATE in my consumption of salt, fat, and starch and managed to come out ok ("I will not spend six weeks in P'Town in a muumuu!). This year's theme was "Gourmet Takes on Classic Southern Comfort Food." I managed to eat only one FRIED MACARONI AND CHEESE BALL!

Other than that, I worked a lot, managed to get in a little play time, and basically just reveled in this extraordinary season. I feel better than I have in long time, and I look forward to maintaining this feeling in the coming weeks.

See ya.

2 comments:

Flippnyc said...

Reservations: Confirmed. See you there.

E said...

YAY!