Tuesday, August 07, 2007

some women are drippin' with diamonds...

...I'm dripping with sweat.

It is 85 degrees at 11:00 PM.

It is a TOTAL cliche to bitch about the heat in Atlanta in August, but sheesh...! This is ridiculous. It's been crazy hot here (95+ degrees and about 200% humidity) for a couple of days, and it doesn't look like it will let up for a while. I mean, this is the kind of hot where you don't leave the house. And in addition to the oppressive, ridiculous heat, we have a Code Red air quality which means that everyone's lungs will explode or melt or evaporate if you exert yourself outside. And by "exert" I mean "step outside." So, I bought a bunch of high-efficiency light bulbs, a reusable grocery bag, and I've decided to switch to a more efficient vehicle. Not that I didn't believe in global warming before, but I just cannot remember a summer where I really felt like the world was ending. I wish I could say that I cut down on my A/C use, but it's too stinkin' hot to do that. Baby steps.

In other news....

Well, I've been busy. And depressed. But I've shaken the depression (some might call it "moving out of the depression phase of grieving"), and feel renewed and optimistic. Maybe it's because I went to the gym today. Maybe it's because I've been eating better. Maybe it's because a good friend is coming to town this weekend for a crazy, wonderful event. Who knows? Whatever. I'll take it.

Oh, and I'm going to PTown in a few weeks.

Ok, everything's fine.

No comments: