Thursday, June 14, 2007

and i hear people say she's getting old...

I have not been working for the last few days, so I have indulged in the luxury of NOT shaving. I like to do that every now and then. I don't particularly like the way I look with a beard, but my skin feels like a baby's when I finally shave it off my face. I do like that.

So I was all ready to let the beard grow out until I have to go back to work on Monday, when I looked in the mirror this morning...

...and saw grey in my whiskers.

I couldn't slather on the fancypants, costs-more-than-it-should-but-smells-so-good shaving cream fast enough.

Now, I'm not one of those people that freaks out about getting old (generally). But I wasn't of clear head this morning, so I lost it for a second. Grey hair in combination with a bit of recent weight gain spells "Oh...he used to be so cute," not "Damn, Daddy!"

So I lost the grey. Now I'll lose the weight. If only I could do that in the shower, too.

No comments: