Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"what need we manhattan...?

...just us and a cat in
a cottage on Cape Cod!"

Well, I think we'll be able to do without the cat, but you get the drift.

Every. Single. Time. I go to Provincetown, I'm amazed by new things, despite the fact that it is always the same old P'Town. Below, a list...to help me draw the memories of the last two days to the cheery foreground of my mind...

* Heaven is riding the ferry to P'Town and seeing the OSW waiting for you at the dock.
* Our hosts could not have been more gracious. I could go on, but I won't. It would be redundant. They are amazing men.
* Rode my bike all over town and felt for all the world that I was flying.
* I want to be a townie and am resolved to take steps in that direction.
* I have yet to eat a bad meal in that place.
* I finally met my husband. We've been married for some time, but I just met him this weekend (long story). The ONE photo that I've seen of him does not do him justice. Honestly, there must be a problem with the men of Boston if that one is single...
* I have come to the conclusion that everyone in P'Town is friendly. And not in that fakey, Southern I'll-talk-nice-to-you-and-then-criticize-you-when-you-turn-away kind of way. Friendly.
* Talked with God for one single, beautiful moment. It was neat.
* Screaming on the dance floor at the Boat Slip seems to always get a laugh.
* A favorite moment? Watching the sunset over the bay and looking up and down the beach to see hundreds of other people doing the same thing. The more I think I know about the world, the more I'm floored by the simple, gorgeous things that strike a bell in so many of us.

Labor Day cannot come fast enough.

No comments: