Friday, January 26, 2007

you gotta have friends

So. A certain pallid friend of mine thinks my blog title is too long. I was going to write a scathing parody of his blog, but then I scrutinized his links list, and discovered that mine is INDEED the longest blog title ever. So the scathing parody must wait until he really pisses me off...

In other news...

There are two topics that just make my blood boil every time they come up in otherwise civilized conversation.

The first is Atlanta traffic. We have traffic. It stinks. Deal with it or suggest/lobby for/demand alternatives. Why twist the knife by boring your friends with the recap, unless it involves a particularly interesting, and unique solution to the problem (hopping a median, driving on a sidewalk, that sort of thing).

The other is cell phones, which are the new little red sportscar among men. I use an ancient, three pound Nokia that works beautifully, and does everything I need. But I'm the constant but of jokes about it, though I usually have the last laugh: you could run over my phone with an SUV and it would still work. Most of my friends are usually WITHOUT a phone, their Razr having just snapped in half or some such. Naturally, we all need these items, but I was recently out with a few friends, and they were all comparing phones and features. Funny...we're all in our mid-thirties and up. Little red sportscar indeed...

I only mention this because I endured a conversation today with a friend ABOUT THE TRAFFIC HE WAS IN, WHILE HE WAS BITCHING ABOUT THE CELLPHONE ON WHICH HE WAS SPEAKING. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


On tap for the weekend? Work, perhaps a little play, and more work. I'm just fine with that.

2 comments:

RJ said...

I think the title is WONDERFUL. You came up with on your own right? I mean doing things on your own is best...don't you agree?

E said...

Don't flirt, Christina...