Monday, January 22, 2007

charmed

Well, well, well. An interesting weekend, to say the very least.

Friday was all about a dinner for a friend's birthday. Twelve of us in a busy restaurant. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that an account of the evening would be terrific fodder for this website: www.etiquettehell.com. 'Nuff said.

Saturday = work. Afterwards, a film with OSW. We saw "The Queen," starring the incomparable Helen Mirren. My. God. Her performance should be required viewing for all acting students. She is a model of preparation, thought, risk, and FLAWLESS timing. We then dined - without incident - at Karroll Skreet. Was it the food, or the company? Both were a delight, it seems.

Sunday = work, then I passed on a friend's dinner get together. For some reason, I just felt like cuddling up with myself in front of the TV with some Chinese take out. Sometimes it's the best plan of action to ensure an early rise on Monday...

No comments: