Thursday, November 29, 2007

i became this



So yesterday, I was in line at the Publix, and my friend Joelene happened to show up in line behind me. There I am, minding my own business, when I here someone purr, "Well, hello!" We hugged, and thankfully he didn't comment on the contents of my grocery bag: fried chicken, ice cream, wine, and macaroni-and-cheese. Don't judge me...I was having a bad day.

So we're chatting, and all of a sudden one of the Publix holiday balloons burst. Loudly. *POP*

Well, we both turned into Nathan Lane from the clip above. We both screeched and freaked out and turned into bigger, nellier, gayer queens than we both are. And it was some of the most fun I've had in a while.

Despite the fact that this interaction made me feel a lot better, I still went home and ate the nasty food. And that made me feel a WHOLE lot better....

No comments: