Tuesday, October 09, 2007

mists

I was hesitant to get out this morning. I woke up early enough, but it was sooo dark outside and - to be perfectly honest - I'm a little creeped out by the park before sunrise. I'm not that fast a runner, and I do wear an iPod; experts might say that those were my first two problems right there. I may switch to biking - faster, more gratifying, and an easier getaway from anyone who might feel like gettin' in my way.

So I waited a little bit until I saw the first silver and pink slivers of the dawn, and ventured out. The park was covered by a thick mist, and the buildings of Midtown took up the shimmer as the mists gradually faded with the sunrise. Now it is absolutely golden out there, and I'm glad I managed to roll out of bed and be a part of it for a moment.

And a little post-workout flirtation with the cute Boot Camp instructor at the Caribou didn't hurt, either...

6 comments:

Flippnyc said...

Was that PNB which you were flirting with???

E said...

Never.

DJ JT said...

No, his name is Anthony. and he has one of the most adorable fauxhawks. I will get to see him tomorrow morning when i do the "boot camp" thing.

E said...

I'll see you at coffee afterwards, DJ. I can't get up for Boot Camp, but I can make it to Flirtation Coffee at the Caribou...

E said...

Excuse me...I mean Flirtation Koffee at the Karibou...

DJ JT said...

you might want to charge up that rascal of yours as I may need it after this workout.