Monday, October 01, 2007

aweshome

It was a klassic Well, Well, Well-style weekend (minus the sex).

The OSW and I went to a new restaurant on Friday night, Beleza, in the 905 Juniper building. I've been waiting for a restaurant to open in that space and lemme just tell ya, kids - it was worth the wait. A gorgeous interior, fabulous service, and absolutely delicious food. I am thrilled to have such fabulousness within steps of my own home. Seriously.

We then ventured to Fifth Skreet for an impromptu get together. Then I went to Blake's and met a former aquaintance, who asked, "Why didn't you date me?" I may reconsider my earlier decision to let that one go...

I stayed in on Saturday night, as I had to work on Sunday morning. But that was done by noon, and I ventured over to Fifth Skreet again for a Sunday luncheon thrown by the OSW and Connie. It was perfect in cuisine and company, and I mighta had a little bit of champagne on that fine Sunday afternoon.

The perfect weather underscored a remarkable gathering of friends, and I am more certain than ever that if heaven exists, it's full of good food and front porches....

No comments: