Tuesday, September 18, 2007

praise be, part II

Thanks be to all things holy, but the weather broke here in our fair city, and I feel like real human being again. Everything is breathing a sigh of relief: the concrete, the air conditioning units, the cars, the air, the grass...EVERYTHING. It feels fabulous.

I took MARTA to work on Saturday, because the weather was nice and I just didn't feel like driving. It wasn't without its hitches, not the least of which was the urine-soaked gentleman who sat near me on my way home. I mean, I can stomach some stuff, but this was naaaaasty, and I had to get up lest I lose my lunch.

It was such a gorgeous day that I couldn't help but stop by Zocolo's on my walk home from the train station for a little quesadilla and a beer. Later, a charming party at the OSW's house, followed by more work on Sunday, and a spin through Blake's on Sunday night. I'd say this was a pretty good weekend. No Labor Day in PTown, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm off to bed, as I wish to rise with the birds and see another glorious morning before it gets too dark and cold to coax me out of the bed.

No comments: