Thursday, September 20, 2007

oh what a beautiful mornin'

Y'all....remind me....we gotta cut that numbah.

It was a stunning morning today, though. Shades of pink, gold, blue, and that silvery blue color that bounces off the buildings in Midtown. I'm going to drink it up before the depths of winter descend and I have no choice but to work out in the darkness.

I almost didn't make it out of bed this morning. I fell asleep on the couch last night, and my slumber was interrupted by some idiot televangelist who apparently comes on one of the network channels after everything else has had the good sense to sign off the air. His crazy rambling drove me to my bed, where I crashed for a few hours until the alarm sounded. I ignored it a coupla times, until the voice in my head shouted, "GET UP!" It was that sharp, with a high pitch. "GET UP!" So I did, and worked my way around the park. I even bumped into the OSW. There I was, just winding down my workout, when a pale haze of alcohol went breezing by me. He was working the booze out of his system, as oil is expressed from an olive. This apparently was the side effect of a less-than-stellar date last night. I can't say I blame him...I probably would have hit the drinks, too.

Had a Krazy Day yesterday. Various crises rose in my path, and I must confess that I had difficulty overcoming them. It was only with the help of friends that I was able to do so, which reminds me that despite my anxiety, I do, in fact, have resources.

Have a blessday, y'all.

1 comment:

Matt said...

you'd do well to "express yourself" too, ifyaknowwhatimean.