Tuesday, February 06, 2007

i'm tryin'

I have challenged myself to do a number of things lately, and this blog is one of my personal challenges.

You see, I used to blog under a different "cover," but I stopped doing that for a variety of reasons. I discovered that I missed it, so I decided to pick it up again...with a few new rules. Too much of my own personal and professional life was available to the world for its review and comment, and that was a bit much to handle. But I really, REALLY missed writing - and the fun, interactive nature of blogging. In this blog's last incarnation, I did adopt a "don't write anything about anyone that you wouldn't say directly to them," but the need for discretion has increased. I could throw caution to the wind because I'm sure that I would defeat any professional objection to my comments in this forum, but that would amount to a big battle and I have better things to do. Odd, to think of "discreet blogging," since that usually translates to "boring."

So my challenge is to confess and entertain (myself and anyone who cares to read my words) within certain stylistic and thematic...um...guidelines. I hope to not bore you.

So. Fun thoughts for today:

* Rev. Haggard has been prononuced "completely heterosexual." Neat. He's been cured. As I mentioned to some friends today, I'm sure that we'll all agree that the cure is worse than the disease...

* LJ and I have already started planning our "Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead" party for Bush's departure. I may have my home cleaned up just in time...

* I got a "job" offer at the grocery store this evening. But I can't fit the show into my schedule, and the part's a bit too high for me. Sad, though...I LOVE the show...

* I, for one, don't care that Paris Hilton dropped the n-bomb.

* I have Saturday off this weekend, for the first time in a looooong time. What to do...what to do...?

1 comment:

RJ said...

perhaps you need to go have some "fun" on Saturday....